17 large bands to compete for spots in Panorama semis
Seventeen bands have registered for their category in the National Panorama Large Bands category in 2018.
Judging for the bands will begin in the Eastern Region on Saturday, January 21 with five participants with the sole Tobago band, RBC Redemption Sound Setters, on Sunday, January 21 at 8 pm.
Coming on their heels will be the seven bands in the North on Monday, January 22 with South/Central’s four bringing up the rear on Tuesday, January 23.
Last year’s winner, Massy Trinidad All Stars, located at Duke Street, Port-of-Spain, will be the second band to be judged as the caravan moves through Port-of-Spain.
From this exercise, 14 big guns will proceed to the National Panorama Medium and Large Semi-Finals on Sunday, January 28 at the Queen’s Park Savannah, Port-of-Spain. Starting time is 1 pm.
Tasked with the responsibility of judging the bands in this round are Corinne Soo Ping Chow, Damion Phillip, Roger Sardinah and Lennox London.
The order of appearance is as follows:
EAST LARGE BANDS – Saturday, January 20 – 7:00 pm
1. Harmonites: The Hills Coming Down
2. Genesis Pan Grooove: Magic Drums
3. Republic Bank Exodus: Sweet For Days
4. Birdsong: Pan Break
5. FC Supernovas: Sweet For Days
TOBAGO LARGE BAND – Sunday, January 21– 8 pm
1. RBC Redemption Sound Setters - Long Time
NORTH LARGE BANDS - Monday, January 22
1. Bp Renegades: Year For Love
2. Massy Trinidad All Stars: Lightning Flash
3. Desperadoes: Year For Love
4. PSC Nitrogen Silver Stars: Lightning Flash
5. CAL Invaders: Inside The Festival
6. Phase 11 Pan Groove: Hello
7. NMHL Starlift: Full Of Vibe
SOUTH/CENTRAL LARGE BANDS – Tuesday, January 23 – 7 pm
1.T&TEC Tropical Angel Harps: Sweet For Days
2. Skiffle: Full of Vibe
3. NLCB Fonclaire: Inside The Festival
4. NGC La Brea Nightingales: Inside The Festival
The fourteen semi-finalists will be announced on Wednesday, January 24 when the score sheets are opened at the Murchison Brown Auditorium, Port-of-Spain City Hall, Knox Street, Port-of-Spain.
They will be joined by their counterparts for the Medium Band category in the National Panorama Semi-Finals at the Big Yard, Queen’s Park Savannah, Port-of-Spain, from 1 pm.