Wednesday 21 August, 2019

Authorities: Gasparillo pensioner died of smoke inhalation

An autopsy has revealed that 72-year-old Leroy Walters, died as a result of smoke inhalation.

Walters, who was a Petrotrin retiree, died before the fire at his family’s home on Saturday night reached his body.

The autopsy was performed at the Forensic Science Center in St James on Monday.

According to police reports, at about 7.20p.m. on Saturday, Walters was at his home along Bonne Aventure Road, Gasparillo, when a fire broke out.

Attempts were made by relatives and neighbours to save Walters, however, his bedroom was upstairs, and had already been consumed by flames.

The cause of the fire has not yet been ascertained.

More on this as it becomes available.

 

Get the latest local and international news straight to your mobile phone for free:

Download the Loop News Caribbean app on Google Play Store: http://bit.ly/GetALoop

Download the Loop News Caribbean app on the App Store:  http://bit.ly/GetiLoop  

Get the latest local and international news straight to your mobile phone for free: