Sunday 26 May, 2019

Autopsy reveals Baby Prince died of toxic smoke inhalation

An autopsy has revealed that three-year-old Prince Francette died as a result of toxic smoke inhalation.

The autopsy was performed yesterday at the Forensic Science Center in St James.

Young Prince died on Friday afternoon when his father’s car caught ablaze in Tabaquite.

Police did note that one relative has indicated that she wants a second autopsy to confirm the cause of death on their own, however, they were also told by other family members that a funeral is expected to be performed within the next few days.

According to the report police was given by the toddler’s 21-year old father, around 1:45 pm on Friday, the man and his son were by the man’s car along Cito Lane, Tabaquite.

He told police he heard a loud noise and then saw his Nissan March on fire.

The man, along with neighbours, attempted to put the blaze out, after which they found the three-year-old in the backseat.

The toddler suffered extensive burns – police were told the injuries were to 100 percent of his body.

Young Prince was rushed for medical treatment but died upon arrival.

The vehicle has since been seized and taken to the Chaguanas Police Station where it was to be examined by crime scene investigators.

Statements, LoopTT was told, have been recorded from at least five individuals.

Cpl Coombs of the Brasso Police station is continuing investigations.

More on this as it becomes available.

Get the latest local and international news straight to your mobile phone for free: