Saturday 26 September, 2020

BHP announces gas find in T&T's deepwater block

BHP has found hydrocarbons in its latest deepwater well in Trinidad & Tobago’s deepwater block 23(a).

The Bélé-1 well is the first of a three well programme to test prospects around the Bongos discovery, made in 2018.

The well is being drilled by the Deepwater Invictus rig and was spud on March 2 in 2,102 metres water depth.

The total planned well depth is 3,693 metres.

According to the March 31 BHP operational review, drilling is still in progress.

After completing the Bélé-1 well the Deepwater Invictus is expected to move on to the planned Tuk and High Hat wells.

BHP holds a 70 percent share in block 23 (a) with bp holding the remaining 30 percent.

Get the latest local and international news straight to your mobile phone for free: