BP Renegades to play first in Panorama finals
When the bell for the National Panorama Medium and Large Bands Finals rings, Arima Angel Harps and bp Renegades will be first off the block in their respective categories on Saturday at the Queen’s Park Savannah.
Themed “Steel Crescendo…..Musical Explosion and Rivalry”, the Pan Trinbago produced flagship event has been described as the “Super Bowl of Pan” featuring ten Medium and ten Large Conventional Bands. Both Pan Elders and Massy Trinidad All Stars will be defending their titles.
Come Saturday, the bands will perform in this order starting with the Medium Bands:-
1.Arima Angel Harps: Pan In A Minor - Aviel Scanterbury
2.Sangre Grande Cordettes: Meet Superblue - Ken ”Professor” Philmore
3.Pan Elders: Limbo Break - Duvone Stewart
4. Petrotrin Siparia Deltones: Leave Me Alone - Carlon “Zanda” Alexander
5.Courts Sound Specialists of Laventille: Swing - Akiba Joseph
6.Potential Symphony: Government Boots - Akua Leith
7.NLCB Valley Harps: Sweet Soca Man - Michelle Huggins-Watts
8. NLCB Buccooneers: I Love Being Me - Seion Gomez
9. Curepe Scherzando: Buss Head - Yohan Popwell
10. Petrotrin Katzenjammers: Lorraine - Terrence “BJ” Marcelle
LARGE CONVENTIONAL BANDS
1.bp Renegades: Year For Love - Duvone Stewart
2.MHTL Starlift: Full of Vibes - Robert Greenidge
3. Phase 11 Pan Groove: Hello - Len “Boogsie” Sharpe
4. Massy Trinidad All Stars: Lightning Flash - Leon” Smooth” Edwards
5. Caribbean Airlines Skiffle: Hello - K. Williams/O. Gonzales/M. Brooks
6. Nutrien Silver Stars: Lightning Flash - Liam Teague
7.First Citizens Supernovas: Sweet For Days - Amrit Samaroo
8. Republic Bank Exodus: Sweet For days - Pelham Goddard/Terrence BJ Marcelle
9. Desperadoes: Year For Love - Carlton “Zanda” Alexander
10. Shell Invaders: Inside the Festival - Arddin Herbert
Tickets are priced at $700 (Grand Stand Special Reserved), $500 (Grand Stand Reserved) are available at Pan Trinbago Head Office, 14-17 Park Street, Port-of-Spain, with a limited number at Pan Trinbago’s South/Central Office, Park Street, San Fernando.
The $400 (Grand Stand General Seating) and $450.(North Stand with complimentary food and drink) are sold at selective NLCB outlets throughout Trinidad & Tobago.
Two lucky patrons can walk away with two airline tickets to any Caribbean Airlines destination.
In addition to the competition aspect, awards will be presented to Ray Holman, Merle Albino-DeCoteau, His Excellency Orville London and Allan Gervais and Earline Gervais (posthumous) for their sterling contribution to the artform.
Showtime is 7 pm.