Update: CAL cancels flights for Tuesday ahead of Tropical Storm Dorian
Editors note: This story has been updated to include additional flight cancellations by Caribbean Airlines Limited (CAL).
Caribbean Airlines has cancelled one flight for Tuesday, August 27th, as a result of Tropical Storm Dorian which is making its way to the Lesser Antilles.
CAL issued a statement noting that the following flight has been camcelled:
BW 414 Barbados to Port-of-Spain
Meanwhile, passengers affected by the cancellation of flights BW 455 Kingston to Barbados and BW 454 Barbados to Kingston, Jamaica on Monday, August 26th, will be re-accomodated on the following services:
BW 3455 Kingston to Barbados
BW 3454 Barbados to Kingston
Caribbean Airlines has cancelled some flights for Monday, August 26 due to Tropical Storm Dorian.
The following fights are affected:
BW 448 Port-of-Spain to Barbados
BW 449 Barbados to Port-of-Spain
BW 455 Kingston to Barbados
BW 454 Barbados to Kingston
BW 459 Port-of-Spain to Barbados
Passengers are advised to contact CAL's reservation offices for rebooking on the next available service.
To minimise inconvenience to customers holding confirmed tickets for travel during the period August 26 – 28, Caribbean Airlines is allowing persons whose travel plans are impacted by the tropical storm to rebook without change fees, subject to the following conditions:
1. Waiver of all fees for tickets rebooked in the same cabin, for travel up to September 08, 2019.
2. It is mandatory that customers contact Caribbean Airlines before the scheduled date of travel.
3. Full refund of fare paid, for travel up to September 8, 2019. The refund must be requested by September 2, 2019.
4. ALL changes MUST be made through Caribbean Airlines Call Centres or at Caribbean Airlines Ticket Offices
5. Caribbean Airlines will not be responsible for arrangements or transportation to/from an alternate airport or hotel/overnight expenses incurred by affected passengers.
These waivers include travel to or from the following Airports only: Piarco International Airport, Trinidad, Grantley Adams International Airport, Barbados, Norman Manley International Airport, Kingston, Jamaica