CARICOM Observers arrive in Guyana ahead of elections
Members of the Caribbean Community (CARICOM) Election Observation Mission (CEOM) have started arriving in Guyana for the Regional and General Elections on March 2.
The CARICOM Secretariat said the full team will assemble tomorrow.
The mission, which includes electoral management experts from the regional bloc, will be headed by St Lucian Cleopatra Combie Martyr.
They will be assisted by Brian Bellevue, Serojnie Seetaram and Denise Morgan of the CARICOM Secretariat.
Guyanese President David Granger invited CARICOM to send a mission after he announced the Election date in 2019.
Members of the Observation Mission are:
1. Ms Cynthia Cleopatra Combie Martyr, (National of Saint Lucia)
2. Mr John M. Jarvis, Commissioner, (National of Antigua and Barbuda)
3. Ms Carolyn Thomas-Parker, (National of Antigua and Barbuda)
4. Mr Philip Anthony Turner, (National of The Bahamas)
5. Ms Lesa Collins, (National of Barbados)
6. Mr Leonard Walters, (National of Barbados)
7. Ms Yves-Marie Edouard, (National of Haiti)
8. Mr Glendon Ricardo Bennett, (National of Jamaica)
9. His Excellency Mr Lionel Sydney Osborne, (National of St. Kitts and Nevis)
10. Mr Gaspar Jn. Baptiste, (National of Saint Lucia)
11. Mr Sylvester Anthony King, (National of St. Vincent and the Grenadines)
12. Ms Renuka Raghoe, (National of Suriname)
13. Ms Fern Narcis-Scope, (National of Trinidad and Tobago)
14. Dr Noel Kalicharan, (National of Trinidad and Tobago)