Cocoa Research Centre hosts World Cocoa and Chocolate Day Expo
Local and regional chocolatiers and microlot cocoa farmers will have the opportunity to connect with international bean buyers, boutique chocolatiers and cocoa equipment suppliers from Japan, Europe and North America at the World Cocoa and Chocolate Day Expo and Inbound Trade Mission (WCCD8) next month.
The Cocoa Research Centre (CRC) of The University of the West Indies will be holding the eighth edition of its World Cocoa and Chocolate Day Expo which they said is aimed at creating financial opportunities for local stakeholders.
The public is also invited to this must-attend event which the centre said promises to deliver lots of activities for children to adults, awesome door prizes, mini-workshops, performances and most importantly – chocolate and cocoa-products from many artisanal chocolatiers.
Some of the activities planned for this year’s event include:
- An exclusive Chocolate and Pastry Demonstration where persons will learn to make three signature chocolate recipes from an internationally renowned French Chocolate Chef
- Innovations in Chocolate Cuisine – a food and beverage challenge targeting all ages
- Chocolate and Rum tasting
- Inbound Trade Mission that allows our local entrepreneurs to network with international chocolatiers and microlot buyers through a B2B meeting
- AgriMan, the world’s first food and nutrition superhero who creates awareness of food security through many interactive activities, returning after a successful appearance in last year’s expo, courtesy CDCTTL
- Mini-workshops for those interested in learning the business of bean to bar chocolate making, certification and geo-traceability.
The event takes place on October 4 an 5 from 9 am to 6 pm at the Hyatt Regency, Port-of-Spain.
Tickets will be available at the Cocoa Research Centre and at the event. Patrons can like and follow them on Facebook (https://facebook.com/cocoacentre), visit https://sta.uwi.edu/cru/CocoaChocolateFest.asp, or email email@example.com for more details.