Thursday 26 November, 2020

DSS operations at 'standstill' following raid

STANDSTILL: In a four-minute video on Friday night, DSS owner, Keron "Preeze" Clarke revealed the operations of the controversial scheme were placed on "standstill". (Photo: Facebook)

STANDSTILL: In a four-minute video on Friday night, DSS owner, Keron "Preeze" Clarke revealed the operations of the controversial scheme were placed on "standstill". (Photo: Facebook)

The operations of the Drug sou sou (DSS) enterprise is temporarily on hold following a raid at its Phase One, La Horquetta headquarters earlier this week.

In a four-minute video on Friday night, DSS owner, Keron "Preeze" Clarke revealed the operations of the controversial scheme were placed on "standstill".

He said: "Where does that leave us? With all our records, electronics, receipts and close to eight million of your money, we are at a standstill temporarily, until this whole situation is rectified."

Clarke added his legal team is also working towards rectifying the situation.

He said: "Myself and my legal team are working day in, day out to rectify this situation for you, the people of Trinidad and Tobago."

On October 27, police again searched the premises of the DSS enterprise in La Horquetta.

An order was granted for police to legally hold on to the estimated seven million which was seized by investigators during the raid.

Get the latest local and international news straight to your mobile phone for free: