Ferry schedule amended; fewer sailings due to COVID-19
Amendments have been made to the sailing schedules of the Galleons Passage, Jean de la Valette and the Cabo Star due to reduced demand, and in keeping with Government’s “stay at home” order.
From tomorrow (April 16), the Jean De La Valette will sail at 8.30 am instead of 7.30 am as initially scheduled, the Galleons Passage and the cargo vessel – MV Cabo Star will sail as stated hereunder.
The T&T Spirit was taken out of service from April 2.
The new sailing schedule is as follows:
Jean de la Valette: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday & Saturday – 4 pm departure from PoS; 8.30 am departure from Scarborough. Sunday – 3 pm departure from PoS; 9.30 am departure from Scarborough. Public Holidays – 2 pm departure from PoS; 8.30 am departure from Scarborough.
Galleons Passage: Wednesday – 8 am departure from PoS; 4 pm departure from Scarborough.
MV Cabo Star: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday & Sunday – 1 pm departure from PoS; 11 pm departure from Scarborough.
Passengers utilising the inter-island service must adhere to the following guidelines to prevent the spread of COVID-19:
1. Undergo a screening exercise prior to entering our port terminals and ferries.
2. Anyone displaying flu-like symptoms are not allowed to enter the terminal without proof of medical assessment.
3. Wear face masks.
4. Wash/sanitise hands prior to entering the terminals.
5. Practice proper social distancing in the terminals and on the ferries.
6. Restrict movement during sailings and be reminded that café and bar will be closed.
The Trinidad and Tobago Inter-Island Transportation Co, said it is committed to providing critical inter-island ferry operations, but urged passengers that only essential travel should be entertained at this time, to reduce the risk of community transmission of the COVID-19 virus.