Monday 12 November, 2018

Fire officials: Electrical wiring may be to blame for POS fire

Investigators returned to the scene of a warehouse fire on Lower George Street, Port of Spain, on Thursday to ascertain the cause of the fire. 

Fire officers received a report at about 5.20 pm on Wednesday that the warehouse, which is used by several vendors from nearby Charlotte Street to store produce, was on fire.

 

Officials from the Wrightson Road Head Quarters responded and the blaze was contained.

However, the blaze did leave a thick atmosphere of smoke in the capital city, adding to the rush hour traffic already being experienced.

Up to Thursday morning, estimates for damages were still in the process of being finalized.

And while there is no confirmation for the cause of the blaze, as officials are expected to continue their inquiries this morning, it is suspected that the fire may have started from an electrical issue.

More on this as it becomes available.

 

Get the latest local and international news straight to your mobile phone for free:

Download the Loop News Caribbean app on Google Play Store: http://bit.ly/GetALoop

Download the Loop News Caribbean app on the App Store:  http://bit.ly/GetiLoop