Forty-two member disaster relief team heads to Dominica
The Trinidad and Tobago Defence Force (TTDF) is seeking to inform the public that a crew on board the Trinidad and Tobago Coast Guard (TTCG) vessel, TTS Moruga CG 27, left Staubles Bay for Dominica at 7:45 am on September, 20, with relief supplies.
The supplies include; food, water, generators and many more items that were donated and collected from various stakeholders at various locations throughout Trinidad and Tobago.
The 21 member crew and a 21 member disaster relief team on board the TTCG vessel will assist in securing and managing the distribution of the relief items.
The TTDF also invited members of the public to drop off relief items for persons affected by Hurricane Maria at the following locations:
- Cruise Ship Complex, Port of Spain Mon – Fri from 8 am to 2 pm
- TTPOST Piarco from Mon – Fri from 8 am – 11:30 am and 1 pm – 2 pm
- Is There Not A Cause (ICNAC) #6A Anderson Street St James from 8 am – 8 pm
- Tribe Carnival, #20 Rosalino Street, Woodbrook Mon – Fri 8 am to 8 pm
- Living Water Community #109 Frederick St Port-of-Spain
- Regimental Headquarters, Aranguez Sun – Sat from 7 am – 2 pm
- Camp Serrette (Camp La Romaine), M2 Ring Rd, a Romaine, Mon – Thu from 7 am – 2 pm
- Camp Signal Hill from Mon – Fri 8 am – 3 pm
- Trinidad and Tobago Coast Guard Base Milford Road Tobago: 8 am – 3 pm
For further information, the public can contact the TTDF Disaster Relief Hotlines for general enquiries at 1-868-271-3372, 1-868-271-337 or 1-868- 271-3378