• Trinidad & Tobago
  • Trinidad & Tobago

    Election 2020 Results

Friday 14 August, 2020

Garcia: 75% of school projects complete, still schools to be reopened

Education Minister Anthony Garcia says 75 percent of projects which were rolled out over the July/August vacation, have been completed.

Minister Garcia made the revelation at a media conference on the readiness of schools on Friday.

He said while all works have not been completed, all schools will be opened.

"There are 194 projects that were put in place. At this point, I can safely say that about 75% of these projects got attended to successfully. The other 25% will be attended to as the term moves along. This should not retard the reopening of schools."

The Minister said, however, that they continue to face challenges with five schools. He hopes the issues will be addressed before Monday or at latest, before the end of the first week.

In addition, Garcia said there are some schools that the Ministry is working to ensure is ready.

All classes are scheduled to resume on Monday.

 

Get the latest local and international news straight to your mobile phone for free: