• Trinidad & Tobago
  • Trinidad & Tobago

    Election 2020 Results

Wednesday 12 August, 2020

Update: 25 more samples sent for COVID-19 testing, no new cases

Update 6 pm

Twenty-five more samples have been submitted to the Caribbean Public Health Agency (CARPHA) and UWI site for COVID-19 testing.

That's according to the Ministry of Health's 6 pm clinical update which noted that the total sent to date is 5,926.

The country has had 133 people test positive for COVID-19. Of that figure, eight people have died, one person still has the virus and 124 others have been discharged from the hospital.

Original story

The Health Ministry said 5,901 samples have been submitted for testing to date.

In its 10 am update on Thursday, the Ministry said

4,442 unique patient tests were completed, or which 1,459 were repeated tests

To date, there are 133 confirmed positive tests.

124 people have been discharged so far and one person remains a Caura Hospital for treatment.

The death toll remains at eight.

The public is urged to continue to monitor the Health Ministry’s officials channels for the latest updates.

Get the latest local and international news straight to your mobile phone for free: