Landslide on Moruga road causes temporary traffic disruption
The Ministry of Works and Transport (MoWT) is seeking to advise the public that there will be a temporary traffic disruption at the landslip along Moruga road on Monday from 7 pm to 12 am.
The depression has occurred from the 3.6KM mark from Petit Cafe Junction.
A statement from the Ministry notes that this disruption has become necessary to facilitate repairs to a Water and Sewerage Authority (WASA) line in the vicinity of the landslip.
Motorists are therefore advised to comply with the following:
- Proceed with caution and observe all directional signs and barriers
- Comply with instructions from police officers on site to facilitate a safe and orderly flow of traffic
- Be aware of heavy equipment entering and exiting the site
- Motorists should drive at a reduced speed when approaching the work zone
- Drive with caution on all milled (possibly uneven) services
For more information, visit the Ministry’s website at www.mowt.gov.tt or call the PURE Unit at 638-2350.
Get the latest local and international news straight to your mobile phone for free:
Download the Loop News Caribbean app on Google Play Store: http://bit.ly/GetALoop
Download the Loop News Caribbean app on the App Store: http://bit.ly/GetiLoop