Liat takes precautions as coronavirus spreads across region
As coronavirus cases pop up across the Caribbean, regional airline Liat is assuring it is taking all precautions to help curb the spread.
In this regard the airline has implemented the following actions:
- Travel restrictions based on advisories from governments across the region. Liat will continue to monitor and update this information
- Waiving change/cancellation fees on bookings for affected customers and will work with passengers to adjust their travel plans
- Ensuring that aircraft are cleaned in compliance with global cleaning standards at both overnight and transit stops
- Promoting handwashing and healthy hygiene among employees and passengers. Liat has also worked to ensure that alcohol-based sanitising wipes are available for passenger use
- Taking measures that follow the recommendations of regional and global health authorities
- Activated a special Project Team to monitor this situation in real-time.