Enjoy these Asian Honey Pork Chops which have a deliciously sweet and savory combination, courtesy Apple of My Eye:
Asian Honey Pork Chops
4 pork chops (thick, not thin cut)
1 tbsp honey
2 tbsp brown sugar
¼ cup soy sauce
4 cloves garlic minced
1 tsp ginger minced
1 tbsp sesame oil
Green onion (optional)
Sesame seed (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Mix together the honey, brown sugar, soy sauce, garlic, and ginger in a large ziplock bag. Add in the pork chops and shake to coat the pork chops evenly. Let marinade for 20-30 minutes.
3. Heat the sesame oil in a large skillet on medium heat. Add in the pork chops, reserving the marinade, and cook for about 3-5 minutes until a golden brown color. Flip the pork chops and cook the other side until a similar color.
4. Add the skillet into the oven and cook for 6-10 minutes, or until no longer raw. *You don't want to overcook them so they become dry!*
5. While the pork chops are cooking, add the reserved marinade into a small pot and bring it to a boil. Reduce heat and let simmer for 2-3 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally.
6. Serve the pork chops over rice with plenty of the thickened marinade drizzled on top. Garnish with sesame seeds and green onion.
Get the latest local and international news straight to your mobile phone for free: