Enjoy these Asian Honey Pork Chops which have a deliciously sweet and savory combination, courtesy Apple of My Eye:
Asian Honey Pork Chops
4 pork chops (thick, not thin cut)
1 tbsp honey
2 tbsp brown sugar
¼ cup soy sauce
4 cloves garlic minced
1 tsp ginger minced
1 tbsp sesame oil
Green onion (optional)
Sesame seed (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Mix together the honey, brown sugar, soy sauce, garlic, and ginger in a large ziplock bag. Add in the pork chops and shake to coat the pork chops evenly. Let marinade for 20-30 minutes.
3. Heat the sesame oil in a large skillet on medium heat. Add in the pork chops, reserving the marinade, and cook for about 3-5 minutes until a golden brown color. Flip the pork chops and cook the other side until a similar color.
4. Add the skillet into the oven and cook for 6-10 minutes, or until no longer raw. *You don't want to overcook them so they become dry!*
5. While the pork chops are cooking, add the reserved marinade into a small pot and bring it to a boil. Reduce heat and let simmer for 2-3 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally.
6. Serve the pork chops over rice with plenty of the thickened marinade drizzled on top. Garnish with sesame seeds and green onion.