Today's Sunday Lunch is courtesy 30 Minute Meals with a delicious yet quick Baked Lemon Thyme Chicken:
Baked Lemon Thyme Chicken
3-4 chicken thighs bone in and skin on
2 tablespoons olive oil
4 tablespoons maple syrup
6 garlic cloves minced
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1 lemon zested
1 lemon juiced
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 lemon halved
1. Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
3. In a medium bowl combine olive oil, maple syrup, dried thyme, minced garlic, lemon juice and lemon zest. Stir to combined.
4. If you have time, add the mixture over the chicken in a deep pan or large ziplock bag and marinate for 2-6 hours. If no, bake it right away in a pre-heated oven.
5. Lightly grease a deep baking dish or pan with olive oil, add chicken to the pan skin side up.
6. Pour the mixture over the chicken and bake for 25-30 minutes, until browned and cooked through.
7. From time to time, brush the chicken with the juices from the pan while baking or use a spoon, to scoop it over the chicken.
8. For a crispy, brown top, brush the chicken with the juices from the pan and turn the broiler on high for the final 5 minutes of roasting and broil the chicken until it is cooked through and extra browned on top. Watch it closely, so it doesn't burn.
9. Once the chicken is cooked, remove the pan from the oven, brush the chicken with the juices from the pan and loosely cover the pan with aluminum foil. Let the chicken rest for 5-10 minutes.
10. Garnish with fresh lemon and thyme.
Serve and enjoy!
Get the latest local and international news straight to your mobile phone for free: