Juice of 1/2 lemon, plus zest, and lemon slices for garnish
For the marinade
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 teaspoon paprika
Fresh cracked pepper, to taste
Juice of 1/2 lemon
1 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
1. In a large bowl, arrange chicken thighs and sprinkle with Italian seasoning, paprika, black pepper, olive oil and lemon juice. Mix well and marinate for 10 – 15 minutes.
2. In the meantime, pulse the cauliflower florets in a food processor for about 25-30 seconds until you obtain a rice-like consistency. Set aside.
3. Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a medium-sized skillet over medium-low heat. Add oregano, rosemary, and thyme. Lay the chicken skin side down, and cook for 4 – 5 minutes on each side or until chicken is no longer pink and reaches 165°F (75°C). Cooking time will depend on the size of your chicken thighs. Remove chicken from the skillet and set aside on a plate. Keep the cooking juices and fat in the pan.
4. In the same pan, fry garlic and onion for 1 minute until fragrant — be careful not to burn. Stir in the hot sauce and mix well. Add the riced cauliflower and mix everything together. Stir in chicken stock, parsley, the lemon juice, and lemon zest (if using). Cook for 2 or 3 minutes to reduce juices then add parmesan cheese.
5. Adjust seasoning as needed. Return chicken thighs over cauliflower rice and reheat quickly. Serve with fresh cracked black pepper, red chili pepper flakes, fresh herbs and more parmesan if you want.