Loop Sunday Lunch: Chicken Thighs in Peanut Sauce with Green Beans
Created : 7 October 2018
Looking for a nourishing yet quick lunch idea? Try these Easy Chicken Thighs in Peanut Sauce with Green Beans, courtesy Noshing with the Nolands:
Easy Chicken Thighs in Peanut Sauce with Green Beans
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
2 tbsp (30 ml) olive oil, divided
¼ cup (45 g) smooth peanut butter
2 tbsp (30 ml) lemon juice
4 tbsp (60 ml) orange juice
2 tbsp (30 ml) soy sauce
2 tbsp (30 ml) Sriracha
8 skinless, boneless chicken thighs
¾ lb (340 g) green beans
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 425°F (218°C)
2. While the oven is preheating, mix 1 tablespoon (15 ml) of the olive oil with the peanut butter, lemon juice, orange juice, soy sauce and Sriracha in a bowl.
3. Place the chicken thighs in the middle of a nonstick baking pan. I use an 11 x 17 inch (28 x 43–cm) pan. Make sure that the chicken thighs are fully flattened.
4. Pour half the sauce over the thighs, then flip and pour the rest of the sauce, making sure that it fully covers the chicken.
5. Spread the green beans around the chicken thighs in one layer. Pour the remaining 1 tablespoon (15 ml) of olive oil over the green beans, season with salt and pepper to taste and lightly mix with your hands or tongs to cover them with oil and seasoning.
6. Roast for 30 minutes, or until the chicken thighs are cooked to 165°F (74°C) and the sauce is thickened.
7. Serve with rice, if desired, or double the amount of green beans and cook on a separate pan.
Get the latest local and international news straight to your mobile phone for free: