1/2 teaspoon + 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning (use a no or low salt variety)
Flour for dredging
2 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon olive oil
3 cloves garlic minced
1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes
1/4 cup chicken broth
1 cup heavy/whipping cream
1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
Salt & pepper to taste
1. Cut the chicken in half lengthwise so you have four thinner cutlets. Sprinkle them with salt & pepper, garlic powder, and 1/2 teaspoon of the Cajun seasoning. Coat them in flour.
2. Add the butter and oil to a skillet over medium-high heat. Once the pan is hot, add the chicken. Cook it for 4-5 min/side or until it's nice and golden. Take the chicken out of the pan and set it aside.
3. Add the minced garlic, sun-dried tomatoes, and chicken broth to the pan. Let it bubble for about 30 seconds or so.
4. Reduce the heat to medium and stir in the cream and remaining 1 tablespoon of Cajun seasoning.
5. Add the chicken back into the pan and cook for another 5 minutes or so, until the sauce is thickened a bit and the chicken is cooked through. Sprinkle the parmesan cheese over top (or stir it into the sauce). Season with salt & pepper as needed and serve immediately.
Get the latest local and international news straight to your mobile phone for free: