Enjoy this delicious Creamy Chicken and Mushroom recipe, courtesy Blondlish:
1 Tbsp olive oil
1.5 Lb (700g) chicken breast - boneless skinless
1 medium onion - diced
6-8 cloves garlic
1.8 oz. (50g) sun-dried tomatoes - chopped
10 oz. (300g) mixed mushrooms: King trumpet, Crimini, Enoki, Button, Oyster, Chanterelle, etc - sliced
3/4 cup chicken stock
1/3 cup heavy cream
Salt and pepper - to taste
10 sprigs of fresh thyme - divided
1. Season the chicken breasts on both sides with sea salt and fresh ground black pepper.
2. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat, and brown the chicken, for about 2-3 minutes on each side (at this point, the chicken will not be fully cooked as we will continue to do so, later on, with sauce). Set aside on a plate.
3. In the same preheated pan, add the onions, garlic, sun-dried tomatoes and mushrooms, and sauté for about 5 minutes.
4. Add half of the thyme sprigs, pulling the leaves off of the stems. Pour in the chicken stock and bring to the boil.
5. Mix well with a wooden spoon, scraping any brown bits left on the pan's bottom.
6. Stir in the heavy cream and reduce the heat. Once simmering, return the chicken to the pan, nestling it into the sauce.
7. Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook for additional 8-10 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and the sauce has thickened.
8. Garnish with the remaining thyme and enjoy while hot!
Get the latest local and international news straight to your mobile phone for free: