Check out this easy, tasty dish from Forkly that's ready in just 30 minutes.
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
Total time: 30 mins
1 lb chicken
1/2 cup oil
1 red bell pepper
red pepper flakes (use to taste)
1/2 cup raw honey
5 tbsp coconut amino
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
pinch of salt
3/4 cups arrowroot flour
2 eggs + 1 tsp water
1. Cut the chicken into cubes. Set aside.
2. In a small bowl, mix together the ingredients for the sauce. Set aside.
3. In another small bowl, beat the egg and water. Set Aside.
4. In another small bowl, pour the arrowroot flour.
5. One at a time, dip the chicken cubes into the egg mixture and then the arrowroot flour. Set aside on a plate.
6. Heat the oil in a large skillet on medium-high heat. Place the chicken in the now heated skillet, (stir occasionally) until it's browned on all sides.
7. Carefully, drain most of the oil into a mug (you can discard this later).
8. Pour the sauce over the chicken until it's boiling. Once it's boiling, bring the heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Slice the bell pepper and add to the chicken for 2 minutes.
9. Top with diced green onions and red pepper flakes and serve. Can be served with rice or pasta.