This Chicken with 40 Cloves of Garlic is a delicious one-pot meal with tender chicken, a fantastic sauce, and all the garlic, courtesy Culinary Hill
Chicken with 40 cloves of Garlic
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
8 bone-in, skin-on, chicken thighs
salt and freshly ground pepper
2 tablespoons butter
40 cloves garlic peeled
1 1/2 cups chicken broth
1 tablespoon thyme dried
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons milk
1. Pat the chicken dry with paper towels and season with salt and pepper. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt the butter. Add the chicken thighs in, skin-side down, and sear both sides until they are golden brown, about 2-3 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate.
2. Add the garlic cloves to the skillet, stirring frequently, cook until they are golden brown, about 4-5 minutes. Stir in the chicken broth and thyme and bring to a boil.
3. Return chicken to skillet and simmer until a thermometer inserted reads 165 degrees, about 25 to 30 minutes. Transfer chicken to a serving platter, reserving the juices remaining in the skillet.
4. In a small bowl, whisk together the flour and the milk. Whisk the flour-milk mixture into the skillet until the sauce is thickened slightly, about 1 to 2 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
5. Pour the sauce over the chicken and serve immediately.