We hope you guys are in the mood for a hearty soup because for today's Sunday Lunch, we feature an oxtail soup recipe from Trinicooks.
3 lbs oxtail
2 tbsp fresh green seasoning
2 cloves garlic
2 pimentos chopped
1 medium onion, chopped
Few dashes Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
¾ cup split peas
1 ½ cup cubed pumpkin
5 green figs, cooked and halved
7 – 9 large eddoes, cooked and halved
3 medium potatoes, cooked and quartered
1 14 oz can cream style corn
***INGREDIENTS FOR DUMPLINGS***
1 cup flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp sugar
11/2 tsp baking powder
1. Clean and wash meat in a mixture of water and juice of 1 lime.
2. Season meat with green seasoning, chopped garlic cloves, pimento peppers, onions, Worcestershire sauce, salt and black pepper. Mix well ensuring the seasoning is well incorporated into the meat.
3. Mix together the ingredients for the dumplings with enough water to form soft dough. Set aside for dough to rest.
4. In a pressure cooker, add 4 – 5 cups water, seasoned oxtail, split peas and pumpkin. Place over medium heat and pressure cook until the meat is tender. This may take approximately 45 minutes – 1 hour. It may be necessary to add a little more water during cooking.
5. Form the dumplings into desired shapes and add to the soup to cook. The soup should be bubbling.
6. Add the cooked provisions and cream style corn. Let simmer over low heat for 15 – 20 minutes. Taste and adjust seasonings before serving.
Get the latest local and international news straight to your mobile phone for free: