Wednesday 24 April, 2019

Ministry receives 190 flood assessments from South residents

Ministry of Social Development and Family Services said so far it has completed 190 assessments of flood victims in South Trinidad, after heavy rains brought flooding over the weekend. 

In a statement, the Minstry said it is ready to provide the necessary assistance to affected persons.

"As a second responder, the Ministry is working closely with its key disaster stakeholders including the first responders – the ODPM, as well as the Ministry of Rural Development and Local Government’s Disaster Management Units (DMUs), to assess reported cases, so that assistance could be rendered."

"To date, 190 assessments have been completed by the Penal/Debe Corporation DMU, which will be submitted to the Ministry of Social Development and Family Services for review, certification and processing of relief grant cheques," the Ministry said. 

The Ministry said it remains committed to ensuring that the necessary resources are mobilized to bring a sense of normalcy to affected families in the shortest possible time. 

Affected persons may call the Ministry’s toll free hotline at 800 – 1MSD or the National Family Services Division at 623 – 2608; Ext 6300 – 6307 for psycho-social support or counselling.

 

Get the latest local and international news straight to your mobile phone for free:

Download the Loop News Caribbean app on Google Play Store: http://bit.ly/GetALoop

Download the Loop News Caribbean app on the App Store:  http://bit.ly/GetiLoop  

Get the latest local and international news straight to your mobile phone for free: