MOWT advises of traffic disruption along Freeport Mission Road
The Ministry of Works and Transport is advising members of the travelling public that there will be a temporary traffic disruption along the Freeport Mission Road in the vicinity of Taitt Madhoo Road and Kamal Street.
The Ministry said this has become necessary in order to facilitate the reconstruction of the B1-3 Freeport Mission Road Bridge which commenced in March, 2018 and is expected to be completed by November, 2018.
The hours of work are between 8AM to 4PM.
Motorists are advised that the Freeport Mission Road (between Taitt Madhoo Road to Kamal Street) will be closed off to vehicular traffic during this period in order to facilitate the completion of these works.
During this period, motorist can access the northern and southern sides of the Freeport Mission Road via the Freeport Interchange or Calcutta Road #1 and the Grand Couva Main Road respectively.
Motorists are advised to comply with the following:
1) Proceed with caution and observe all directional signs and barriers
2) Motorists should drive at a reduced speed on approaching the work zone
3) Comply with instructions from Police Officers on site to facilitate a safe and orderly flow of traffic
4) Be aware of heavy equipment entering and exiting the site
5) Drive with caution on all milled (possibly uneven) surfaces
For further information, persons are asked to visit the Ministry of Works and Transport’s website at www.mowt.gov.tt or call the PURE Unit at 638-2350/675-405
Get the latest local and international news straight to your mobile phone for free:
Download the Loop News Caribbean app on Google Play Store: http://bit.ly/GetALoop
Download the Loop News Caribbean app on the App Store: http://bit.ly/GetiLoop