MOWT begins repairs to Agostini landslip
Drivers are advised that repairs have begun along the Naparima Mayaro Road near Agostini village between the hours of 8:00 am and 4:00 pm from Monday, March 12 until Monday, July 9.
In a statement, the Ministry of Works and Transport said that there will be single-lane traffic at the 46.5km mark during this time in order to facilitate repairs.
Motorists are advised to:
- Proceed with caution and observe all directional signs and barriers
- Drive at reduced speed on approaching the work zone
- Comply with instructions from police officers on site
- Be aware of heavy equipment on entering and exiting the site
- Drive with caution on all milled and possibly uneven surfaces.
Drivers are advised to use the Ecclesville alternative route if desired.
Mayaro MP Rushton Paray said in an update on Monday he was pleased that the work has begun, adding that work is expected to be completed within 90 to 120 days.
"I am extremely pleased to advise that repair and rehabilitation on the Agostini Landslip has begun," he said.
Paray added that he will liaise with the Public Transportation Service Corporation (PTSC) for the return of the regular bus service to Mayaro as soon as possible.
Get the latest local and international news straight to your mobile phone for free:
Download the Loop News Caribbean app on Google Play Store: http://bit.ly/GetALoop
Download the Loop News Caribbean app on the App Store: http://bit.ly/GetiLoop