MOWT: Part of Lengua road closed to facilitate bridge repairs
Members of the public are advised that there will be a temporary traffic disruption along Lengua Road in the vicinity of B 1/3 Lengua Road, Princes Town, 2.2km mark.
The Ministry of Works says this has become necessary to facilitate the replacement of damaged timber deck planks.
This particular route will be closed to vehicular traffic from 9am to 12pm on Thursday.
During this period, members of the public are advised of the undermentioned traffic adjustments:
- Motorists wishing to access Lengua Road will be directed onto the Naparima Mayaro Road, then proceed to either Moruga Road or St Croix Road. Only local traffic will be allowed along Lengua Road.
In light of the above, motorists are advised to comply with the following:
- Proceed with caution and observe all directional signs and barriers
- Motorists should drive at a reduced speed on approaching the work zone
- Comply with instructions from police officers on site to facilitate a safe and orderly flow of traffic
- Be aware of heavy equipment entering and exiting the site
For further information, visit the Ministry's website at www.mowt.gov.tt or call Bridges Branch, Highways Division at 625-5219.