NLCB to refund close to $1 Million
The National Lotteries Control Board (NLCB) will refund the sum of $998,016.00 which was withheld as taxes during the period July 30 to August 4 on winnings over $1000.00.
NLCB issued a statement noting that it will be refunding all players who had been subject to the Lottery Tax because the tax is not yet legal since the Act governing its application has not yet been proclaimed.
To receive the refund, customers are to take note of the following:
1) Players must produce a form of identification and the cash receipt of the Agent or the NLCB to issue a refund. Upon payment of the refund, a receipt will be issued to the winners from whom the taxes were deducted.
2) Persons with winnings of over $12,000.00 can claim their refund directly from the NLCB
3) Persons without cash receipts or requiring assistance can call the NLCB hotline at 800-4842 or 623-1831 Ext 8129/8331
4) Players can visit any NLCB Lottery Agent or any of the three NLCB Offices (Port-of-Spain, San Fernando, Tobago)
5) The NLCB will also have a legal team on standby to address any legal concerns that may arise
Get the latest local and international news straight to your mobile phone for free:
Download the Loop News Caribbean app on Google Play Store: http://bit.ly/GetALoop
Download the Loop News Caribbean app on the App Store: http://bit.ly/GetiLoop