One week to Carnival: No new flu deaths, zero coronavirus cases
With Carnival just seven days away, the Ministry of Health (MOH) has reported no additional flu related deaths as of February 14, 2020, and zero novel coronavirus (Covid-19) cases.
The influenza virus death toll remains at 40 with the cumulative number of vaccines administered to the public for this flu season at 93,119.
However, the number of suspected influenza cases for 2020 stands at 224.
Meanwhile, the MOH said it has screened 858 flights as of 6 am on Monday and 69,196 flyers (passenger and crew) with zero confirmed coronavirus to cases.
The Ministry continues to advise the population to take the following necessary personal health precautions to protect themselves and their families from the Influenza virus and other diseases:
- Wash hands often with soap and water. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand rub
- Avoid touching the eyes, nose and mouth. Germs spread this way
- Clean and disinfect surfaces and objects that may be contaminated with germs
- Where possible, avoid close contact with sick people
- While sick, limit contact with others as much as possible to keep from infecting them
- Cover the nose and mouth with a tissue when coughing or sneezing. After using a tissue, throw it in the bin and wash hands thoroughly.