Panorama 2020 begins tonight with Single Pan prelims
National Panorama 2020 will kick off tonight with the Single Pan preliminaries judging.
Judging will begin with eight bands in the Northern Region.
The exercise begins at 7 pm with Music Makers, Straker Village, Picton Road, Laventille.
The other seven bands will face the adjudication panel tomorrow November 5, at the same time.
A total of 43 bands will vie for 30 places in the Semi-Finals round in Arima Velodrome on Sunday, November 17.
Starting time is 4 pm.
The Grand National Finals will take place at the Grand Stand, Queen’s Park Savannah, on Saturday, November 23, from 4 pm. Twenty bands will vie for the title.
Thursday, November 7, is the designated start for the judging of the Eastern-based bands. Seventeen bands from San Juan to Sangre Grande will face the judges over a three day period ending on Saturday, November 9.
South/Central Region bands will have their turn on Sunday, November 10 and Monday, November 11. A total of eight bands will go through their paces.
The Preliminaries come to a close with three bands in Tobago on Tuesday, November 12 at 8 pm. The competing bands are Royal Pan Illusion, Natural Mystic and Metro Stars.
Single Pan Steelbands are permitted to perform with 25 to 35 players. For the purpose of the competition, each participating Single Pan band may select and perform any calypso/soca or chutney providing that the selection has not been played by the said steelband at a previous Panorama competition with a performance. Allotted playing time is six minutes.
This year’s preliminary round will take place at the competing bands’ pan yards/community.
The bands will play in the following order:
Monday, November 4 at 7 pm
1. Music Makers, 19 Straker Village, Picton Road, laLAventille
2. Spree Simon Harmonics, Picton & EMR, Laventille
3. Uni Stars, Old St. Joseph Rd. Bertie Marshall Blvd. Success Village, Laventille
4.D’Untouchables Pan Groove, 205 Pioneer Drive, Sea lots
5. Sea Lots One Love, 21A Beetham Highway, Sea Lots
6. T&T Fire Service, Fire Service HQ, Wrightson Rod.
7.Police Service, Old Central Police Station, Wrightson Road.
8. Woodbrook Playboyz Steel Orchestra, 6 Blackman Drive, W/Brook (Lions Civic Centre)
Tuesday, November 5 at 7 pm
1. Newtown Playboys Steel Symphony, Tragerate Road, Newtown, W/brook
2.D’Original Woodbrook Modernaires, Cor. French & Tragerate Road, W/brook
3..Brimblers, Cor. Warren & Gallus Sts. W/brook
4. Scrunter’s pan Groove, Jeffers Lane, St. James
5.Nuttin Big Pan Groove, 1 Roots Lane, Petit Valley
6.Ice Water Pan Ensemble, 1 Bagatelle Rod, Diego Martin
7. La Creole Pan Groove, La Puerta Avenue, Diego Martinnities