Thursday 18 July, 2019

Police confirm Princes Town schoolboy still alive

Police are once again asking the public to be mindful of what they see on social media, noting that not all the information which is spread is correct.

This reminder comes after reports were circulating on Monday that a schoolboy who was seen in a viral video being stomped on his head by two other students at the Princes Town West Secondary School last week, had died.

This information, LoopTT was told by police investigators, was completely false, who said in fact, the condition of the injured teen is a good one.

Police added that the teenager is “quickly recovering” from his injuries after being discharged from the San Fernando General Hospital last Friday.

A team of officers from the Princes Town Police station visited the school on Monday and interviewed several pupils. At the time they were supported by officials from the Trinidad and Tobago Regiment.

Related Article

The fight took place last Thursday among pupils of Princes Town West Secondary School resulting in at least one teenager suffering heavy injuries after he was brutally beaten, kicked, and even stomped on the head by his classmates.

At least two students of the school have since been suspended. Education Minister Anthony Garcia said in a media briefing on Monday that the suspensions will be extended and that the students will be sent to Learning Enhancement Centres for rehabilitation. 

The fight, some students told police, resulted after derogatory comments were made against a female student.

More on this as it becomes available.

 

Get the latest local and international news straight to your mobile phone for free:

Download the Loop News Caribbean app on Google Play Store: http://bit.ly/GetALoop

Download the Loop News Caribbean app on the App Store:  http://bit.ly/GetiLoop  

Get the latest local and international news straight to your mobile phone for free: