Friday 30 October, 2020

Police investigating kidnapping report in San Fernando

Investigations are ongoing into a report where a man claimed that he was kidnapped by three men, one of which was said to be a police constable.

The matter is currently engaging the attention of several units, including officers of the Southern Division, under the supervision of Snr Sup Mohammed, as well as the Anti-Kidnapping Unit, and the Professional Standards Bureau.

The victim Loop News was told, is a known priority offender.

According to initial reports, around 11.20 pm officers of the Southern Division Task Force received intelligence that a man had been kidnapped from Coconut Boulevard, Pleasantville, San Fernando.

The officers responded, and intercepted a vehicle which matched the description given, as it approached the vicinity of Pluck Road, Woodland.

In the car were four persons.

Three persons, including the constable, were said to be wearing kits from ‘tactical uniforms’.

The car was searched and a firearm was found and seized.

The 26-year-old ‘victim’ who was ‘visibly injured’ told police that he had been assaulted and beaten by the three other men, and kidnapped.

He was taken for medical treatment, while the other three were taken in for questioning.

More on this as it becomes available.

Get the latest local and international news straight to your mobile phone for free: