The Northern Division Special Investigations Unit, under the leadership of Senior Superintendent Daniel, along with Inspector Robert Joseph and Cpl Joel Sifontes, among others, conducted a series of exercises within the district over the last ten days which led to the recovery of several stolen motor vehicles.
Some of the vehicles recovered include:
- A gold Honda Accord stolen from Arima
- A brown Nissan B14 stolen from Arima
- A grey Nissan Navara stolen from Palmiste
- A white Hyundai Elantra stolen from Carapichaima
- A gold Mitsubishi Lancer stolen from San Fernando
- A silver Hyundai Tucson stolen from Valsayn, and
- A white Nissan B15 stolen from Arouca.
The officers said they have been using a collaboration of informants and the information provided by members of the public to make these seizures, which have also facilitated in the arrests of persons in connection with the incidents.
Snr Sup Daniel praised the officers for their work, and the Unit is committed to doing its duties and fulfilling the mandate of the police service.
The public is once again called on to work in collaboration with the police.
If someone has information on illegal activities, contact the nearest police station, or relay this information anonymously at 555 or 800-TIPS.