Precision Productions brings Audio Essentials Workshop to T&T
After the incredible success of the first workshop in St. Lucia, and many requests on social media, Precision Productions’ Audio Essentials Workshop will make its debut in Trinidad this March.
It will consist of five days with Kasey Phillips the Owner, CEO, and Head Producer at Precision Productions, who has produced such hits as Machel Montano’s “Mr. Fete”, “Bacchanalist” by Kerwin Du Bois, and 2018’s Physique Riddim.
Kasey will be teaching Precision’s tricks and sharing tips used in the studio to build the hits, which have made Precision Productions a preferred team for music production and sound engineering by artists in the Caribbean, North America, and Europe.
This workshop will include a discussion on the following topics:
- Day 1 – Getting Started (digital audio workstation) – Basic Introduction to needed equipment and setting up for a recording.
- Day 2 – Production Approach – Starting a music production, learning software, insider tips, working with instruments, and implementing audio effects.
- Day 3 – Recording – Getting vocal recording done right. How to do vocal productions that meet international standards.
- Day 4 – Mixing Sessions (Preparation and Organisation) – Preparing for excellence in mixing craft. Aligning the music levels, creating a mix and completion via mastering.
- Day 5 – Music Business Open Forum – Understanding copyright and contracts. Studio Etiquette, working effectively with a team, an artist, as well as their management.
From this breakdown, it should be clear that not only are practical productions skills going to be taught, but also vital information about working in the music industry shared. For example, one vital topic will be: Monetising your finished product.
Also joining the panel to discuss the approach and techniques to songwriting will be Kit Israel of AdvoKit Productions, producer of 2018’s Folklore Riddim and the Kan Kan Riddim in 2015 along with Zack Cohen co-owner and director of distribution at FOX FUSE LLC, and a former manager of licensing at VP Records/Greensleeves Records, who will participate digitally, and share his insight into the business and contractual sides of creating, selling, and publishing.
The workshop will be held from March 24 to March 28 from 2pm – 7pm on the 24 and 25, and from 5pm to 10pm on the 26 to 28 at UTT Campus, NAPA, Keate Street, Port-of-Spain.
One lucky attendee will win:
- A VIP front-row pass to attend the Audio Essentials workshop
- One-on-one meet and greet with Head Producer Kasey Phillips
- Merchandise from Precision productions
- A day in Studio with Kasey Phillips (next day after workshop ends)
For local TnT bank deposit payments sign up online and enter the code AELOCAL, and we will provide you with the details needed to make your payment to Republic Bank. After that just email your bank receipt to firstname.lastname@example.org and you will be registered.