Promoter prepares for mammoth Buju show, apologises for wrong info
The man behind the Buju Banton concert in Trinidad and Tobago has apologised for the erroneous announcement that the singer's first show post-prison would be held in T&T.
The announcement was made aboard the Love and Harmony Cruise earlier this week but organisers of the cruise immediately debunked that report.
Lamenting that the news infuriated many Jamaicans and others on the artiste’s management team, Trinidad and Tobago promoter Glenroy Watson, said the person making the announcement misspoke.
He, however, assured fans of the singer in Trinidad and Tobago, that he certainly has secured an April 2019 date for a concert that will be headlined by Buju.
“I am just a bit bothered by the fact that the people of Jamaica and other parties with vested interest in Buju Banton, have been uneasy since the initial announcement was made. That of course, was incorrect. There is absolutely no confirmation just yet, as to where Buju will perform first. We have confirmed our date for the Trinidad and Tobago show in April but that is it. We could never say where Buju will perform first," he said.
Watson has been a part of the entertainment landscape in the Caribbean and North America for over a decade.
In 2009, he hosted the I Am Legend concert event – the last Trinidad and Tobago had seen and experienced the reggae and dancehall hitmaker.
“We are preparing for what will definitely be a mammoth concert event. Right now though, the important thing is for everyone Buju to be reunited with his family, his close friends and the people of his homeland who love, respect and have missed him,” said Watson.
Buju will be released from a US Federal prison on December 8.