Road works to commence on Sir Solomon Hochoy Highway over the weekend
Motorists and members of the travelling public are advised that there will be a temporary traffic disruption along the southbound lane of the Sir Solomon Hochoy Highway near the Gasparillo Bypass.
A statement from the Ministry of Works and Transport notes that this has become necessary to facilitate road rehabilitation works on Saturday and Sunday between the hours of 9 pm and 5 am. In light of this, motorists are advised to comply with the following:-
- Proceed with caution and observe all directional signs and barriers
- Drive at a reduced speed on approaching the work zone
- Comply with instructions from Police Officers on site to facilitate a safe and orderly flow of traffic
- Be aware of heavy equipment entering and exiting the site
- Drive with caution on all milled (possibly uneven) surfaces
The Ministry says it regrets any inconvenience caused and thanks the public for its continued cooperation.
For further information, visit the Ministry’s website at www.mowt.gov.tt or call the PURE Unit at 638-2350/675-4052.
Get the latest local and international news straight to your mobile phone for free:
Download the Loop News Caribbean app on Google Play Store: http://bit.ly/GetALoop
Download the Loop News Caribbean app on the App Store: http://bit.ly/GetiLoop