Robert Mayers is TSTT's new Chairman
Robert Mayers has been appointed as the new Chairman of the Board of the Telecommunications Services of Trinidad and Tobago (TSTT).
The Ministry of Public Utilities made the announcement in a statement on Thursday, following a Cabinet meeting.
Mayers is listed as a director of KSBM Asset Management and a director of the Colonial Fire Insurance Company Limited.
He is the former managing director and a founding member of CL Financial subsidiary Caribbean Money Market Brokers (CMMB).
Former chairman Emile Elias announced his resignation in September, citing a need to focus on his construction company, NH International (Caribbean) Ltd.
The company announced in October that it would be closing nine retails stores as part of the next phase of its Digital Transformation and assured that no employees will be retrenched. Retail staff at the affected stores will be reassigned to other areas of the company.
Stores to be redirected include:
- TSTT 18 Park Street, Port of Spain
- bmobile Westmall
- bmobile –Chacon Street – Independence Square, Port of Spain
- TSTT DSM Plaza, Chaguanas
- TSTT St. James Street, San Fernando
- bmobile Trincity Mall
- TSTT Green & Queen Street, Arima
- TSTT Peters Road, Point Fortin
- TSTT Eastern Main Road, St. Augustine