Tuesday 19 November, 2019

Soldier in custody for alleged rape

A member of the Defence Force remains detained at the Teteron Barracks, following allegations that he sexually assaulted a minor.

The individual, who is attached to the Camp Cumuto district, was detained on Tuesday.

He was expected to meet with an attorney to discuss the circumstances surrounding his detention.

The soldier was held following allegations made by the teenager that the soldier was responsible for luring young girls into a house where they were drugged and raped.

It was even alleged that there was a short clip of one of the victims.

It was this clip which led to the detention of the soldier.

However, no reports involving any allegations made against the soldier had been made to the police service up to Thursday by any of the alleged victims.

That said, Defence Force personnel were said to be working closely with the police to bring a resolution to this matter. 

Until then, the solider involved in the allegations has been confined to the Teteron Barracks. 

 

Get the latest local and international news straight to your mobile phone for free:

Download the Loop News Caribbean app on Google Play Store: http://bit.ly/GetALoop

Download the Loop News Caribbean app on the App Store:  http://bit.ly/GetiLoop

Get the latest local and international news straight to your mobile phone for free: