St. Lucia airport closed, CAL cancels flights
With the recent closure of the George F.L. Charles International Airport and the strong storm force winds in Barbados due to Hurricane Maria, Caribbean Airlines has advised of several flight cancellations for Monday, September 18.
The following flights have been cancelled:
BW 434: POS to St. Lucia
BW 435: St. Lucia to POS
BW 412: POS to Barbados
BW 413: Barbados to POS
BW 459: Kingston to Antigua
According to a statement issued by the airline, persons whose flights are impacted by the impending hurricane can rebook with change fees, subject to the following conditions:
- Passengers must already be in possession of a ticket with confirmed reservations issued before September 18, 2017
- Passengers must be booked to travel during the period September 18-20, 2017
- Changes on the routing (origin/destination) of the original booking are not permitted
- Caribbean Airlines will not be responsible for arrangements to/from alternate airports or for any hotel/overnight expenses incurred
- Full refund (without penalty) will be allowed on tickets issued for travel between September 18 and 20, 2017, ONLY. The last date for requesting a refund is September 27, 2017.
Customers are advised to visit www.caribbean-airlines.com and check their flight status before going to the airport or call the Caribbean Airlines Call Centres for further details.
USA, Canada, and St. Maarten (+1 800 920 4225)
Caribbean and Guyana (+1800 744 2225)
Trinidad and Tobago (+1 868 625 7200)
Caracas ( +58 212 335 7405)
Jamaica (International calls) (+1 800 523 5585)
Jamaica (Local calls) (+1 888 359 2475)
All other locations (+1 800 523 5585)