Traffic alert: Barrackpore bridge closed for repairs
Drivers are advised of traffic restrictions in Barrackpore from 9:00 am to 2:00 pm Wednesday, April 11, 2018.
In a statement, the Ministry of Works and Transport said there will be a road closure in the vicinity of Bridge B 2/5 Cottage Road, Barrackpore, from 9:00 am to 2:00 pm on Wednesday, April 11 in order to facilitate the replacement of damaged/rotten timber deck planks.
The Ministry said the public is advised to be aware of the traffic adjustments along Cottage road in the vicinity of the work site.
One alternative route has been established as follows:
- Along Papourie Road then proceed to Cemetery Trace, Monkey Town and then proceed to Cottage Road and vice versa.
In light of the above, motorists are advised to comply with the following:
- Proceed with caution and observe all directional signs and barriers
- Motorists should drive at a reduced speed on approaching the work zone
- Comply with instructions from police officers on site to facilitate the safe flow of traffic
- Be aware of heavy equipment entering and exiting the site.
The Ministry said it regrets the inconvenience and thanked the public for its cooperation.
Get the latest local and international news straight to your mobile phone for free:
Download the Loop News Caribbean app on Google Play Store: http://bit.ly/GetALoop
Download the Loop News Caribbean app on the App Store: http://bit.ly/GetiLoop