Temporary closure of section of Southern Main Road on Sunday
A temporary road closure along the Southern Main Road (SMR) south of its intersection with the Churchill Roosevelt Highway (CRH) from Springvale Road to N.U.G.F.W Drive will be in effect on Sunday.
The Ministry of Works and the National Infrastructure Development Company advised that work will be carried out between the hours of 7 am and 6 pm on Sunday.
The public is advised of the following during this eleven 11-hour period:
• At the CRH/SMR intersection, motorists travelling EASTBOUND on the CRH will not be permitted to turn right onto the SMR
• At the CRH/SMR intersection, motorist travelling WESTBOUND on the CRH will not be permitted to turn left onto the SMR
• At the CRH/SMR intersection, motorist travelling SOUTHBOUND on the 5MR will not be permitted to proceed southwards across the intersection
• Motorists travelling NORTHBOUND on the SMR will not be permitted to proceed past the intersection with N.U.G.F.W Road
• The Churchill Roosevelt Highway, Uriah Butler Highway, Caroni Savannah Road and Tantrill Road may be used as alternative routes
Motorists are also advised to comply with the following:
• Proceed with caution
• Observe all temporary directional signage provided on the approaches to the site
• Comply with Instructions Issued by police officers on site to facilitate a safe and orderly flow of traffic
Get the latest local and international news straight to your mobile phone for free:
Download the Loop News Caribbean app on Google Play Store: http://bit.ly/GetALoop
Download the Loop News Caribbean app on the App Store: http://bit.ly/GetiLoop