Traffic disruptions as work continues on St Joseph Bridge
Drivers are advised of traffic disruptions as work continues on the St Joseph bridge.
The National Infrastructure Development Company Limited (NIDCO) said in an update issued Friday that rehabilitation works began on Bridge B1/1 Maracas Royal Road and to facilitate the work, all traffic will be temporarily diverted from Maracas Royal Road and Abercromby Street onto Riverside Road during the period July 1 - August 31, 2018.
In keeping with the road closure, the public is advised to use the following detour routes:
1. Motorists will proceed one-way south ONLY alon Riverside road, between Sellier Street and Eastern Main Road
2. Motorists proceeding north will use Frederick Street/McLean Street/Riverside Road
3. Frederick Street will remain two-way with restricted parking to one side only.
4. Parking on Riverside road will be restricted during peak periods (7am-9am and 3pm-5pm) respectively.
5. The operations of heavy vehicles will be restricted during peak periods
6. One-side parking will be permitted during off-peak periods.
7. Abercromby Street will only be able to facilitate local traffic until the bridge.
8. Priest Hill can be used to proceed to access Riverside Road from Abercromby Street.
The public is advised to observe temporary traffic signage and warning posted on the approaches to the site.
NIDCO said the Trinidad and Tobago Police Service (TTPS) and traffic wardens will be assisting motorists in the area during the peak hours of the day.
NIDCO apologized to the public for any inconvenience as a result of the work.
Get the latest local and international news straight to your mobile phone for free:
Download the Loop News Caribbean app on Google Play Store: http://bit.ly/GetALoop
Download the Loop News Caribbean app on the App Store: http://bit.ly/GetiLoop