Traffic restrictions in PoS for Independence celebrations
Traffic restrictions are in place for T&T’s 57th independence celebrations.
A traffic order issued by the Trinidad and Tobago Police Service noted that the restrictions will be in effect from 6 pm Friday to 1 am on Sunday (September 1).
Parking is prohibited along the following streets between 6 am and midday on Independence Day:
1. Queen’s Park West, between Queen’s Park East and Cipriani Boulevard
2. Chancery Lane, between Keate Street and Queen’s Park West
3. Deere Street
4. Albion Street
5. Gordon Street
6. Frederick Street, between Queen’s Park West and Park Street
7. Park Street, between Frederick Street and St Vincent Street
8. Western Main Road, from Junction with Tragarete Road and junction with Long Circular Road
9. Tragarete Road
Parking is prohibited from 6 am to 2 pm on Independence Day along:
1. Phillip Street, between Tragarete Road and Kew Place
2. Fraser Street, between Phillip Street and Richmond Street
Restrictions will be in place from 6 am to 3 pm on Independence Day along Long Circular Road between Western Main Road and Patna Street and from midday until 1 pm on Sunday:
1. Queen’s Park West, between Chancery Lane and St Clair Avenue
2. Maraval Road, between St Clair Avenue and Saddle Road
3. Circular Road, between Saddle Road and St Ann’s Road
4. Queen’s Park East, between St Ann’s Road and Queen’s Park West
5. Charlotte Street, between Queen’s Park West and New Street
Vehicular traffic is prohibited from 9 am to 10 am on Independence Day along:
1. Queen’s Park West, between Queen’s Park East and Chancery Lane
2. Keate Street, between Charlotte Street and Abercromby Street
3. Frederick Street, between Queen’s Park West and Park Street
4. Pembroke Street, between Keate Street and Gordon Street
Traffic is also prohibited along Park Street between Henry Street and Edward Street between 7 am and 11 am. Then, restrictions will be in effect along Tragarete Road and Western Main Road between Damian Street and Lucknow Street.
The TTPS has also advised that traffic will be prohibited from 6 pm on Friday to 1 am on Sunday along Fraser Street between Phillip Street and Richmond Street; then from 6 am on Independence Day to 1 am on Sunday along Phillip Street, between Tragarete Road and Kew Place.
Parking is allowed in the Queen’s Park Savannah from 6 am to 11 am on Independence Day. Police officers on duty will direct motorists in this regard.
The TTPS advised that vehicles found parked in violation of this order will be removed and impounded, and “dealt with in accordance with Section 108(1)(b) of the Motor Vehicles and Road Traffic Act”.