Unipet takes measures to prevent spread of COVID-19
The Unipet Independent Petroleum Marketing company has announced measures that will be taken to address the challenges faced as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
In a statement on Monday, Unipet said it will comply with all mandatory guidelines from the Ministry of Health and World Health Organisation (WHO) to protect its customers, employees and stakeholders.
The gas provider said it understands that it provides an essential service and has key roles that are critical to supporting the delivery of its national obligations. It added that it is mindful of its responsibility to protect the company’s employees from harm.
On this basis, Unipet said it is committed to employing an enterprise wide, all-inclusive risk management approach with measures outlined as follows:
- Unipet has reviewed its IT systems and is utilising conferencing technology to enable its employees to work remotely
- Social distancing, work from home and pandemic leave guidelines are being observed
- A flexible approach will be adopted in the enforcement of the company leave policy to ensure employees demonstrating flu-like symptoms stay at home
- Sanitation, Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and other methods are in place to protect employees, customers and visitors from exposure to contagions
- To promote safe social distancing, standing guidance markers will be placed on floors where queuing is required
- The company’s business continuity plan will be revised and updated based on current and emerging risk exposure of COVID-19, to ensure that stakeholder commitments are met
- A corporate communication plan will be established to have timely communication with staff and all relevant stakeholders
- Unipet’s travel policy will be managed in alignment with best practice to ensure containment of COVID-19
The company said it has established robust monitoring mechanisms to stay abreast of all the developments with the pandemic. In addition, it will be taking a collaborative approach with the chambers and other agencies to ensure the national objectives are achieved. Customers are urged to follow Unipet’s social media platforms to receive further details.