Watch: Flooding reported across Trinidad due to heavy rainfall
Diego Martin River
Flooding has been reported across several areas in Trinidad,.as Tropical Storm Karen continues along her path.
Heavy rainfall has been affecting several areas, even as a Tropical Storm warning for Trinidad and Tobago has been discontinued.
According to the Ministry of Rural Development and Local Government, some areas presently affected include:
- Diego Martin including Bagatelle, along the Diego Martin Highway as well as the main road
- Carenage - West Haig Street and along the Western Main Road
- Bhagaloo Street, Enterprise
- Piparo Road, Piparo,
- St Augustine - Eastern Main Road,
- David Toby Road, Tunapuna,
- D'abadie - Eastern Main Road,
- Lime Hard Road, Chase Village,
- Chaguanas Main Road,
- San Juan - Laventille Road
- Maritime, Morvant Junction, Barataria
- Curepe - Eastern Main Road,
- Saddle Road, Maraval
- Freeport, Couva, Maracas St. Joseph,
- Edinburgh 500, Oasis Gardens, San Fernando
- Union Village, Rio Claro
- Point Fortin, St Francois Valley Road
- Penal Rock Road
- Don Miguel Road Extension, San Juan
- Wrightson Road in the vicinity of Powergen.
There are also reports of flooding in the Southern division namely South Park , Dibe vicinity of the Quik Shoppe and Embaccader.
Power is reportedly down in Victoria Gardens, Diego Martin and a fallen tree has been reported at Radix cemetery, Mayaro.
The Met Office in its latest advisory at 12 pm on Sunday said that although Tropical Storm Karen is moving away from the Southern Windwards, Tropical Storm conditions may still be experienced at this time.
It added that periods of heavy to intense rain/showers and/or thunderstorms will continue on Sunday.
The Met Office said heavy and intense showers can result in street/flash flooding.