WATCH: Pure Organics brings healthy solutions with superfood powders
Carnival fitness aside, everyone knows that health remains a problem for many Trinbagonians.
From high-stress work environments to high-fat diets, maintaining a healthy weight is a problem which can lead to obesity and diseases such as diabetes and other associated illnesses.
Kimberly Jagoo, owner of Pure Organics, said her drive for healthy meals on a budget is what led her to create the all-local company, which produces superfood powders made from local fruits and vegetables.
Jagoo said her products, which are processed from locally grown produce, have received positive reviews so far.
Some of her superfood powders such as Moringa, aids in muscle maintenance, bone density and digestive health, and is a fast favourite with consumers.
Turmeric, long known as a superfood, is well-known to reduce inflammation and aids as a powerful antioxidant.
Blackseed powder has been used to help respiratory conditions as well as diabetes, rheumatism, and certain skin conditions.
Additionally, Jagoo’s latest product, cacao powder, is an excellent source of monounsaturated fats, cholesterol-free saturated fats, vitamins, minerals, fiber, natural carbohydrates, and protein that make it an excellent source of nutrients.
Other superfood powers include ginger, papaya and carrot.
You can find Pure Organics at Starlite Pharmacy as well as Maria’s Bakery in Southpark plaza.
Here are some recipes to try with your Pure Organics superfood powders:
Cacao and Chia Pudding
Prep time: 5 minutes
3/4 cup of almond milk
2 tbsps of chia seeds
1 scoop of Chocolate Whey Protein
2 tbsp of @pureorganicstt cacao Powder
2 packets of stevia
1. Add the milk to the blender first, then add the chia seeds and blend for about 30 seconds.
2. Add the rest of the ingredients to the blender.
3. Blend until very smooth and creamy, adding a bit of extra milk if it’s too thick to blend.
4. Scoop the mixture into a container or bowl and place in the fridge for at least 60 minutes up to overnight.
Prep time: 5 mins
½- 1 tbsp beetroot powder
1 tsp date syrup
¼ cup boiling water
1 cup of almond milk Instructions
1. Mix together the beetroot powder, date syrup and water in the mug you want to drink from. Make sure there are no lumps left.
2. Pour the milk into a large mug and heat in the microwave for 1 minute. Next use a handheld milk foamer to create the bubbles.
3. Once your milk has foamed up pour it into your other mug with the beetroot and voila a beetroot latte!
Cacao and Kale Detox Smoothie
Prep time: 5 mins
1 tablespoon of Kale powder
2 tablespoon of Cacao powder
1 cup of almond milk
2 frozen bananas
2 Stevia sweeteners
1 cup of ice
Blend all together and enjoy!