Water supply interruptions in Northeast Trinidad this Sunday
Residents in parts of Northeast Trinidad may experience an interruption in their water supply this Sunday.
In a statement issued Friday, the Water and Sewerage Authority (WASA) said the interruption would take place on Sunday, June 14, 2020, from 8.00 am to 3.00 pm
The company said this was due to a planned power outage by the Trinidad and Tobago Electricity Commission (T&TEC) to facilitate utility relocation works.
Areas to be affected include:
- Sangre Grande and environs inclusive of Guaico Tamana Road, Sangre Chiquito and Toco Road
- Cumuto, Wallerfield
- Tumpuna Road, Malabar Phases 1, 3 & 4, Brazil Village, La Horquetta
- Carapo, O’Meara Road (inclusive of Industrial Estate)
- Mausica Road (North & South), Maloney Gardens
- Five Rivers, Bon Air West, Oropune Village, Piarco
Customers are advised that it may take up to 24 hours for the service to normalize to some affected areas in accordance with pipe borne water supply schedules.
For further information or assistance, customers are asked to contact WASA’s Customer Call Centre toll free at 800-4420/4426.
The Authority apologized for the inconvenience and thanks customers for their patience and understanding.