Woman accused of harbouring Vicky Boodram granted bail
Created : 7 December 2017
Roxanne Cudjoe, the 32-year-old Penal woman who is accused of harbouring fraud-accused Vicky Boodram during her escape from prison last week has been granted bail.
Cudjoe was granted bail at $100,000 by Magistrate Margaret Alert in the Siparia Magistrates’ Court when her matter was called on Wednesday.
However, the 32-year-old woman was not brought to the courthouse as it was said that there were no female police officers in the escort detail that went to the prison yesterday. The escort detail, the court was told, had not been informed prior that a female prisoner was to be taken to court.
However, in her absence, her attorney Richard Clarke-Wills made a bail application.
He noted that presently, Cudjoe had no matters before the court and that she was a single parent of an eight-year-old boy. The attorney also noted that his client was an attendant at a lotto booth in Penal, and had been in custody since Thursday.
After further deliberations, Cudjoe was granted bail, to be approved by a clerk of the peace.
The matter was then adjourned and is expected to resume today.
Get the latest local and international news straight to your mobile phone for free: